It’s the most wonderful time of the year. Mosaic Mobile, a short film competition for Michigan high school and college students is back!
Mosaic Mobile challenges the conventions of storytelling, celebrates critical thinking and creativity and empowers students discover the diverse world around them.
Each Mosaic Mobile film requires the use of a theme, prop, and saying. The three requirements are intentionally open-ended to encourage interpretation and creativity.
Use the theme of belonging as a guide for creating your short film.
This can be any type of sign.
Saying: “I never thought of that.”
This phrase can be spoken, written, or displayed in any way.
- Mosaic Mobile is open to any student attending a Michigan high school or college/university in 2019.
- Films must be two- to three-minute in length.
- Films must be shot, edited, and entered on a mobile device.
- Each student is allowed up to two short film entries.
- Submission will be accepted starting September 30 through October 11, 2019.
- Credits must include names of the production crew, APPs or devices used, as well as music, stock, archival footage or sound effects used either free or with copyright permission.
The Mosaic Film Experience will award more than $2,000 in cash prizes for the first, second, third place for high school and college Mosaic Mobile categories. High school student films are also eligible for the Rick Wilson Memorial Prize, honoring the late Rick Wilson – an Emmy award-winning journalist, storyteller, and impactful member of the inaugural team of The Mosaic Film Experience.
After we announce finalists, audience voting for the Rick Wilson Memorial Prize will begin on October 24 and end October 28 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
High school finalists will be highlighted in a special film screening at the 2019 Mosaic Mobile High School Awards Ceremony at the Wealthy Theatre on November 6 and 7.
College finalists will be screened by 2018 Academy Award-winning screenwriter Kevin Willmott at the 2019 Mosaic Mobile College Awards Ceremony on November 5, 2019.